Recording Your Lecture with Zoom: A Step-by-Step Guide
1. Set up a meeting in Zoom
2. Open your presentation on your desktop.
3. Join the Zoom meeting you just created. You will be the only participant. Make sure you’re the host and signed in to Zoom.
4. Click Share Screen. Be sure to click “Optimize for Video” and “Share Computer Sound”
5. Begin Recording.
6. Now that you’re recording, begin your presentation. For optimal results, try to break your lecture into 5-10 minute chunks by topic.
7. When you are finished, stop the recording.
8. When Zoom has completed the processing of your video, you will receive an email.
9. Find your video in Kaltura under my media.
From Within a Course
- Click the Tools link in the Navbar.
- Select My Media.
From the Campus or UMS Landing Page
- Click the My Media link in the Navbar.
From the UMS Video Website.
- Go to the UMS Video Website.
- If you see the word Guest in the upper-right corner of the screen, click it and select Login, and log in with you maine.edu username and password.
- If you see your name in the upper-right corner of the screen, click it and select My Media.